If a tropical storm warning or greater has been issued, our staff will be on duty 24 hours a day until the weather event is over. To receive updated information on conditions, make sure we have your current E-mail address on file.
1. MOORING LINES
- Adjust mooring lines so the Adjusting End (The Non-Looped End) is tied to the boat cleats.
- Replace all suspect mooring lines.
- Double up mooring lines and tie them so they are the same length as originals.
- Do not install “snubbers” in your mooring lines. They allow too much stretch.
- Cross stern lines where possible
- Install spring lines
- Install chaffing gear on all rub areas
- Adjust height of lines on mooring poles; they should be tied to dock level.
2. CANVAS & SAILS
- Remove all sails from spars, especially roller furling head sails.
- Remove all canvas including bimini tops and dodgers.
- Install cockpit covers (tonneau covers) if cockpit is not self bailing.
3. CLEAR THE DECKS
- Remove all loose gear including anchors, life rings, etc.
- Remove booms or drop them to the deck and lash them securely with chafe gear.
- Remove small outboard motors and portable fuel tanks.
- Remove outboard rudders.
- Remove all dinghies from the boat or water.
- Inflatable should be deflated and stored.
- Dinghies in racks should be secured and tagged with your name & phone numbers.
5. DOCK LOCKERS
- Should be emptied and the lids secured with locks
6. SECURE BOAT
- Tightly secure all hatches and ports.
- Remove and plug cowl vents.
- Unplug all electric lines from boat and dock.
- Remove garden hoses from water outlets and store inside boat.
- Shut off thru hulls except scuppers.
- Face bow of the boat toward the northwest.
- Lower stern boarding ladders.
- Secure fenders to boat at critical areas.
- Secure halyards away from mast.
- Shut off fuel lines at the tank.
- Remove all electronics, valuables and important papers.
- Leave outdrives in up position providing spring lines are installed.
7. BOAT ON TRAILERS
- Boat and trailer should be staked to the ground (spiral dog stakes are recommended)